All moves take time and to avoid a costly bill you want to be prepared. Since all services are hourly, you want to have a plan of action so that when it's time for the move everything goes quickly and smoothly. Avoid any last minute packing as this can cause a delay and the crew will have to be waiting until you are finished or may need to work around you.
Plan of Action
- Check your packing, label them if needed, and do a box count.
- Check your closets, shelves, any storage rooms, cabinets, attics, pantries, broom closets, A/C closets, and garages for any last minute things not packed.
- Plan to secure or the transport of pets. We want to make sure pets do not get injured during the move or cause a trip hazard for the movers.
- Supervise any children, if applicable.
- Supervise the movers, make sure they are meeting your expectations. Communication is the key and we want to accommodate all your needs.
- Make sure to guide the movers so that all your belongings are placed where you need them to be. Color coding labels or marking on boxes are the most convenient way to go.
- Do a final check of your appliances to make sure they are empty.
- Do a final walk-through of your home to make sure nothing is left behind. Remember, that is your responsibility and not the movers.
- Leave or turn in any old keys if applicable.
Rules of Engagement
- Secure all currency, jewelry, and/or any special documents before the move.
- We do not disassemble or reassemble any cribs or bunk beds. This is for the safety or your children and infants.
- We do not disassemble any pool tables.
- We do not transport any slated pool tables.
- We do not transport hot tubs.
- We do not disassemble or transport any trampolines.
- No live plants.
- No chemicals, propane, gas, or any hazardous materials. This includes any household chemicals.
- No gas powered vehicles, motorcycles, or riding lawnmowers.
- No equipment sheds. Only the contents unless it is something on this list.
- No heavy machinery, shop machinery, or any machinery that is over 200lbs and cannot be moved with a dolly.
- No appliances that need to be disassembled to fit through doorways.
- We do not unplug any appliances from fixtures prior to a move.
- We do not unmount TVs from walls or anything that is fixed to a structure. We can move them once they are unmounted.
- We do not transport any fish tanks.
- We do not transport any statues, marble slabs, marble tables, or any fragile objects that are not crated beforehand.
- No chandeliers. Needs to be crated first.
**If you have anything that you are unsure of, please do not hesitate to ask before the move date**